Monday, May 23, 2011

Spotting the Elephant in the Room... Obviously!




Yesterday was a milestone in the DPT government’s more than three-year reign. The reason there was a milestone on the side of the road was the strong statement made by the DPT vice president and the minister for works and human settlement, Lyonpo Yeshey Zimba.

Perhaps our leaders and the government have had a change of heart, or perhaps the sheer presence of the elephant in the room could not be ignored anymore. He stated that the country was in danger of becoming a de facto “Police State” if things continue unabated in the face of some laws that have been recently enacted, perhaps in ignorance of ground realities, or in the zeal to do something good.

The intention of the government to ‘do right’ has never been subjected to microscopic scrutiny. But in the rash Tobacco Act, the powers that be unwittingly or otherwise created a monster that now harkens back with a vengeance, much like Frankenstein and his creation.

If that was the reference point, and if the minister for works and human settlement words are to be taken specifically, in light of that act, and generally, in a clear moment of caution and recognition of the gravity of such unilateral laws, and the dangers thereby of such actions, then the government must be applauded, and the minister must be applauded.

It takes courage to admit a mistake; it takes a nobleman to not only accept mistakes made, but also to recognize and repair what is detrimental to the very people they govern; for they elected them, and entrusted them with their wellbeing.
Some of them remain imprisoned because a bill became a law that simply astounds and arrests common sense. In omitting the tobacco act from the agenda, an urgent and necessary amendment was denied, together with the hopes of those imprisoned in lieu of that act. The fact that yesterday’s parliamentary session was dominated by a topic unlisted in the official agenda speaks volumes.

The fact that senior leaders of the DPT hierarchy categorically, although without naming the elephant in the room, spoke about the concerns thereby, and the dire consequences of hastening to such laws in the future bodes well for the country.
Quite frankly, people were losing faith. When the agenda for the ongoing session was made known, there were disheartened voices that felt demoralized by a government they aided to power and victory. Their only solace was in awaiting 2013. The guilt runs so deep and helpless that the next general election awaits them like a cathartic balm – to extinguish the ghosts of 2008.
In recognizing the jumbo on the loose in the room and calling it as such, the minister for works and human settlement has taken the right step.

Now we expect him to name the beast for what it is – a Frankenstein’s monster called the Tobacco Act.

That old saying rings a bell – “Calling a Spade a Spade.” An Elephant in the Room An Elephant in the Room... And the Chinese Love of Building Great Walls With the First, Single Brick or the Mammoth Journey With the First Single Solitary Step!!!



PS: YourLustForLifeStartsRightNow!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where you're getting your information,
but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or
understanding more. Thanks for fantastic information I was
looking for this information for my mission.
Also visit my weblog :: amphora pipe tobacco

Anonymous said...

It is truly a great and useful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this useful info with us.
Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
My webpage :: how to download movies

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog loading?
I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Here is my weblog - learn piano

Anonymous said...

We're a gaggle of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable info to work on. You have performed a formidable task and our whole group might be thankful to you.
Here is my webpage : drum tobacco

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for cigars
business
Have a look at my weblog ; erinmore tobacco

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in reality was once a enjoyment account
it. Glance complicated to more delivered agreeable from
you! However, how can we be in contact?
Here is my web blog tattoo removal

Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it
is really informative. I'm going to watch out for brussels. I'll be
grateful if you continue this in future. Numerous
people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
Also see my web page > yourtobaccosstore.com

Anonymous said...

Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking
back frequently!
my page > van nelle zware shag

Anonymous said...

Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you
Also visit my web site ... rid of acne overnight

Anonymous said...

Hello, I log on to your blog regularly. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it up!
Also visit my website - http://browntreecreeper.dealsbookmarks.com/

Anonymous said...

It's awesome in favor of me to have a site, which is valuable for my knowledge. thanks admin
Here is my web site :: boojoojoo.com

Anonymous said...

the author is an executive of Wensil I Technologies and writing articles for.
Here's the top ten: after Obama in 4th place is a recent arrival to the top ten, reality star Kim Kardashian in 5th, followed by Katy Perry in 6th, in 7th place is actor Ashton Kutcher, then talk show host Ellen De - Generes in 8th, Taylor Swift in 9th and Oprah Winfrey in 10th. Friendfactor responded to Adam Lambert with a tweet of its own:.

Look at my web blog ... Get more Twitter followers
My webpage: Buy Twitter Followers cheap

Anonymous said...

Sign in along with your Xbox 360 Stay account, or generate your new account after creating your own selection.
This isn't anything new to the "Silver" accounts, though. There are The net online sites which provide each of these requirements: like for example ,, but are not tied to, Invision Costless Webpages certain, Invision No-cost Web pages 4, Xbox live, Gaming system Absolutely free Specific zones, Absolutely free Zone Amazing benefits, Business Pack Community forum, Video game Lagoon, Xbox 360 system, Display box Manage and more.

Have a look at my website; microsoft points codes

Anonymous said...

Contrary to thought from lots of vogue designers, you will discover countless
numbers of flattering designs and designs of modest

Also visit my web page useful link

Anonymous said...

buy propecia propecia cost nhs - propecia generic order

Anonymous said...

We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
Your website offered us with helpful info to work on. You've performed a formidable task and our whole neighborhood will likely be thankful to you.


Also visit my web page ... top rated diy home security systems