Monday, December 12, 2011

BD Status




Other Names: Robert Dylan, Elston Gunn [Chronicles, p78], Blind Boy Grunt, Tedham Porterhouse, Bob Landy, Robert Milkwood Thomas, Elmer Johnston [Paul Williams], Elmer Johnson [Wikipedia], Jack Frost [as producer], Lucky Wilbury, Boo Wilbury
Birth Name: Robert Allen Zimmerman

Personal: Mother: Beatrice "Beatty" Zimmerman. Father: Abram Zimmerman. Jakob Dylan (son)

Member of: Traveling Wilburys, USA for Africa

Associated acts:
Joan Baez, The Hawks, The Band, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Grateful Dead
* May 24, 1941 Duluth, Minnesota

Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series Vol. 8:  Tell Tale Signs - Rare and Unreleased 1989 - 2006

These are the leftovers, the orphans, the stray live tracks and soundtrack tunes that didn’t make it onto the albums of the past twenty years. And if anyone has actually paid attention, you might have noticed that no Bob Dylan album has ever topped my Favorites list before. So how did the rejects make it to the top? Because Bob Dylan has thrown away more masterpieces than almost any other songwriter has ever written. Because Daniel Lanois, Dylan’s go-to producer, and the man whose suffocating sonic gauze can make Bob Dylan sound like U2 sound like Emmylou Harris, is nowhere in sight. And because the old geezer, left to his own raw, stripped-down devices, sounds utterly and fantastically compelling, marshalling his fine blues-based band, and tossing off tunes like “Red River Shore” and “’Cross the Green Mountain,” songs of such luminous beauty that they amaze in their rueful truthfulness. He has no peers, and he keeps schooling the kids.
 
"Million$$$Bash"

Well, that big dump blonde
With her wheel in the gorge
Turtle, that friend of theirs
With his checks all forged
And his cheeks in a chunk
With his cheese in the cash
They're all gonna be there
At that million dollar bash
Ooh, baby, ooh-ee
Ooh, baby, ooh-ee
It's that million dollar bash.

Everybody from right now
Go ever there and back
The louder they come
The bigger they crack
Come now, sweet cream
Don't forget to flash
We're all gonna meet
At that million dollar bash
Ooh, baby, ooh-ee
Ooh, baby, ooh-ee
It's that million dollar bash.




Well, I took my counselor
Out to the barn
Silly Nelly was there
She told me a yarn
Then along came Jones
Emptied the trash
Everybody went down
To that million dollar bash
Ooh, baby, ooh-ee
Ooh, baby, ooh-ee
It's that million dollar bash.
Well, I'm hittin' it too hard
My stones won't take
I'm get up in the mornin'
But it's too early to wake
First it's hello, goodbye
Then push and then crash
But we're all gonna make it
At that million dollar bash
Ooh, baby, ooh-ee
Ooh, baby, ooh-ee
It's that million dollar bash.




Well, I looked at my watch
I looked at my wrist
Punched myself in the face
With my fist
I took my potatoes
Down to be mashed
Then I made it over to
That million dollar bash
Ooh, baby, ooh-ee
Ooh, baby, ooh-ee
It's that million dollar bash.

PS: YourLustForLifeStartsRightNow!

No comments: