Monday, May 28, 2012

The Book of Bob



  • All I can do is be me, whoever that is.

  • I say there're no depressed words just depressed minds.

  • What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
  • I have dined with kings, I've been offered wings. And I've never been too impressed.

  • All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.

  • All this talk about equality. The only thing people really have in common is that they are all going to die.
  •  
  • Basically you have to suppress your own ambitions in order to be who you need to be.

  • Being noticed can be a burden. Jesus got himself crucified because he got himself noticed. So I disappear a lot.

  • Democracy don't rule the world, You'd better get that in your head; This world is ruled by violence, But I guess that's better left unsaid.

  • Don't matter how much money you got, there's only two kinds of people: there's saved people and there's lost people.
  •  
  • Half of the people can be part right all of the time
  • Some of the people can be all right part of the time
  • But all of the people can’t be all right all of the time
  • I think Abraham Lincoln said that
  • “I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” I said that

  • A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.

  • A lot of people can't stand touring but to me it's like breathing. I do it because I'm driven to do it.
  • A mistake is to commit a misunderstanding.

  • A poem is a naked person... Some people say that I am a poet.

  • A song is anything that can walk by itself.

  • At times in my life the only place I have been happy is when I am on stage.

  • Being on tour is like being in limbo. It's like going from nowhere to nowhere.

  • But even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked.
  •  
  • Chaos is a friend of mine. 

  • Colleges are like old-age homes, except for the fact that more people die in colleges.

  • He not busy being born is busy dying.

  • I accept chaos, I'm not sure whether it accepts me.
  • I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay.

  • I consider myself a poet first and a musician second. I live like a poet and I'll die like a poet. 

  • I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.
  •  
  • I don't think the human mind can comprehend the past and the future. They are both just illusions that can manipulate you into thinking theres some kind of change.

  • I like America, just as everybody else does. I love America, I gotta say that. But America will be judged.

  • I think a poet is anybody who wouldn't call himself a poet.

  • I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom. 

  • I'm just glad to be feeling better. I really thought I'd be seeing Elvis soon.

  • I'm speaking for all of us. I'm the spokesman for a generation.

  • I've never written a political song. Songs can't save the world. I've gone through all that.
  • The radio makes hideous sounds.

  • There is nothing so stable as change.

  • This land is your land and this land is my land, sure, but the world is run by those that never listen to music anyway.

  • What good are fans? You can't eat applause for breakfast. You can't sleep with it. 
  • When you cease to exist, then who will you blame? 

  • You learn from a conglomeration of the incredible past - whatever experience gotten in any way whatsoever.

  • Yesterday's just a memory, tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be.

  • To live outside the law, you must be honest. 

  • Well, the future for me is already a thing of the past.

  • Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.                                           Ps: YourLustForLifeStartsRightNow!

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Lingchen Jurmey Dorji said...

What was so special about Bob Dylan sir?

Anonymous said...

he almost saved the world.
...almost...

Jurmi Chhowing said...

He Was... I See Echoes of Milarepa...! Thats' It! He Didn't Sing.... His Songs Were Not Songs... They Were... Awakenings... Thunderbolts. Termas! Read His Lyrics... Even If You Don;'t Like The Singing Or The Genre! ;) Cheers!