Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Say Hello To My Little Friend!



- What do you call your  self?
- Antonio Montana. And   you, what you call         yourself?
- Where'd you learn      English, Tony?
- In school. And my      father, he was from the United States. Just like  you,        you know?
He was a Yankee. He used to take me a lot to the movies.
I learned. I watch the   guys like Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney... They   teach me to talk. I like those guys.
I always know one day I'm coming here, United     States.

- So where's your old man now?
- He dead. He die.       Sometime. Somewhere.
- Mother?
- She dead, too.
- What kind of work you do in Cuba?
  
- You know, things. I was, this, that. Construction  business. I work a lot with my hands. I was in the   Army.
- Any family in the States? Cousins, brother-in-law, anyone?

- Nobody. Everybody's dead.
- You ever been to jail, Tony?

- Me? Jail? No way, no.
- Been in a mental    hospital?

- Yeah. On the boat   coming over.
- What about homosexuality, Tony? You like men? 
You like to dress up  like a     woman?

- What is  wrong with this guy? He kidding me or     what?

- Just answer the questions, Tony.
- Okay. No. Fuck, no!

- Arrested for vagrancy? Marijuana?
- Never, man.

- Heroin? Cocaine?

- No.

- Where'd you get the beauty scar, tough guy? Eating pussy?

- How am I gonna get a scar like that eating pussy? This was when I was a kid,   you know? You should see the other kid. You can't recognize him.

- And this?
- What? That's nothing. That's for my sweetheart.

- Sweetheart, my ass! We've been seeing more and more of these. Some kind of code
these guys used in the can. Pitchfork means an assassin or something.
You want to tell us about it, or you want to take a trip to the detention center?

- Okay, you got me. I was in the can one time. For buying dollars. Big deal.


- That's pretty funny, Tony.

- That's true. It was a Canadian tourist.
- Did you mug him first? Get him out of here! Come on!

- So I fuck up! Let me talk to this guy. Please! Let me talk to him a minute.

- You a Communist? How'd you like it? They tell you all the time what to do,
what to think, what to feel. Do you want to be like a sheep? Like all those     other people?

- I don't have to listen to this!
- You wanna work fucking hours? You own nothing, you got nothing! Do you want a chivato on every corner watching everything you do? Everything you say, man?
You know I eat octopus three times a day? I got fucking octopus coming out of my ears. I got fucking Russian shoes my feet's coming through.
How'd you like that? You want me to stay there and do nothing?
I'm no fucking criminal, man. I'm no puta or thief.

- I'm Tony Montana, a political prisoner from Cuba. And I want my fucking human  rights, now! Just like President Jimmy Carter says. Okay?
- That Castro is shitting all over us. Send the bastard to Freedomtown.
Let them see him. Get him out of here.

- You know something? You can send me anywhere. Here, there, this, that. It don't matter. There's nothing you can do to me that Castro hasn't done.


- You tell your guys in Miami, your friend...it'd be a pleasure. I'd kill a      Communist for fun...but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice.

- Your big shot friend better come up with something soon. I didn't come to the  US to break my fucking back.

- Who do you think we are, baggage handlers? 
After what I did for you in Freedomtown? What was that?
That Rebenga hit was a game of dominoes?

- If anything happens to that buy money... my boss will stick your heads up your
asses faster than a rabbit gets fucked!
- He says "Colombians," and you make these eyes...

- I don't like fucking Colombians! Okay?
- What you guys doing? There's a lot of dishes to be washed.

- Wash 'em yourself. I retire!

- What the fuck you gonna do now? Don't come back here!
- I gotta look after my investment!
- You gotta stay loose. You can't worry. You'll have a heart attack.

- Why don't you try sticking your head up your ass? See if it fits.

- Here's the stuff. Two keys. It cost my friend Angel his life. Here's your      money. My gift to you.
- Jesus! Fucking broad. She spends half her life dressing,
the other half, undressing.
- Gotta get her in between.
- The guy wants more than what he needs. He don't fly straight no more.

- Lesson Number 1:
Don't underestimate the other guy's greed!

- Lesson Number 2:
Don't get high on your own supply.'Course, not everybody follows the rules.
- What's your name?
- What?
- What's your name? Elvira what?
- Hancock.
- What?
- Hancock!
- Hancock?
- Sounds like a bird. Hancock. Flying around.

- Where you from?
- Baltimore.
- What?
- Baltimore!
- Baltimore?
- Where's that?
- It doesn't really matter, all right?

- I'm just trying to be friendly.
-I don't need another friend, especially one who just got off a banana boat.

- Banana boat? Hold it. You got the wrong guy. I don't come off no banana boat.
You're thinking of someone else maybe.

- Aren't you part of the Cuban crime wave?
- What you talking crazy for? I'm a political refugee here. So take it easy.     Don't talk crazy.

- Sorry.

- I didn't know you were so sensitive   about your diplomatic status.

- What is your problem, baby? You're good-looking.
You got a beautiful body, beautiful legs...
...a beautiful face, all these guys in love with you.
Only you got a look in your eye like you haven't been fucked in a year!


- Who, why, when and how I fuck is none of your business, okay?

- Now you're talking to me, baby.
That I like. Keep it coming.
- Don't call me "baby"! I'm not your baby.

Not yet, but you gotta give me some time.

That chick he's with.

- Yeah?

- She likes me.
- She likes you? How do you know?
I know. The eyes, chico. They never lie.

- Are you serious?

- Serious? What do you think?
- That's the boss's lady, okay?
- You're gonna get us killed.

- Fuck you, man. The boss's lady. That guy's soft. Look in his face. The booze and the concha tell him what to do.


- Just remember last year at this time  we were in a fucking cage, okay?
You remember.

- I'd like to forget that.
- I say be happy with what you got.

- You be happy. Me, I want what's coming to me.

- What's coming to you?
- The world, chico...and everything in it. This is paradise.
This is paradise, I'm telling you.
This town's like a great big pussy just waiting to get fucked.

- What I try to tell you? This country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power,
then you get the women. That's why you gotta
make your own moves.


- Get me a phone with a scrambler. And a scrambler. And a radio with scanners,
to pick up flying saucers, stuff like that. Don't forget the fog lights. In case I get caught in the swamp.
- Get out of the way, lady!
I'm trying to drive here!
- I like Frank, you know?
Only I like you better.
My kid sister don't have to work in no beauty parlor and Mama...
...she don't have to sew in no factory. Your son made it, Mama. He's a success.  That's why I didn't come around before. I want you to see
what a good boy I've been.

- He was a bum then and he's a bum now.
Do you know what that's like these days? You got the fucking Navy everywhere.
You got frogmen. You got EC- s with the satellite-tracking shit.
You got the fucking Bell Assault Choppers up the ass.
We're losing one out of every nine loads. That's no duckwalk anymore, let me tell you.

- You're here to watch my back. Watch my back.


- Better than your front, let me tell you. That's easier to watch.

- He was an informer for the police. He put Vito Duval and the Ramos brothers,    Nello and Gino, away for life. So how do I know you're not a chivato, too, Tony?


- Let's get this straight now. I never fucked anybody over in my life who didn't  have it coming. You got that? All I have in this world is my balls and my word  and I don't break them... for no one, you understand? That piece of shit up there, I never like him, I never trusted him.
For all I know, he had me set up and had my friend, Angel Fernandez, killed.
But that's history. I'm here, he's not. You want to go on with me, say it.
You don't, then you make a move.
- I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay.
I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right womanthere's no stopping me. I could go right to the top.
Anyway... what I got to tell you is this: I like you. I liked you the first time I laid eyes on you. I said, "She's a tiger. "She belongs to me."

- Hello, Tony. Well, you remember me?

- Bernstein. Mel Bernstein, right?
- Chief Detective, Narcotics.
- That's right, yeah.

- I think we should talk.
                  
- Talk? What are we going to talk about? I ain't killed nobody, not lately.

- No, not lately.

- What about ancient history, like Emilio Rebenga? Or a bunch of whacked-out      Indians at the Sun Ray Motel?
           

- Whoever's giving you your information is taking you for a long ride.

- You ought to smile more, Tony. You gotta enjoy yourself. 
Every day above ground is a good day.
-Will you do something?
- You're fucking right I'm going to do something! I'm giving you orders. Blow!

- Orders? You giving me orders? The only thing in this world... that gives orders is balls. You got that?

- Nick?

- Yeah, Tony. This is what I want you to do for me: You call Lopez. Call him at  his office at  3pm sharp. And you tell him, "We fucked up, he got away."


- Okay. Yeah.

- Got it? What are you going to say?

-"We fucked up. He got away."

- What time?

- 3pm sharp.

- Tony, what happened to you?
- They wanted to spoil my $ suit.

- Who the fuck did this?
- Hitters. I don't know. Somebody must've brought them in. I've never seen them   before. Hello, Mel. Got an answer to   this, too?

- There always is, Tony.

- I'll bet it was the Diaz brothers. They got a beef going back
to the Sun Ray thing.
                   
-Maybe you're right, you know?

-Anyway, I'm glad you made it, Tony. We'll return the favor for you,
in spades.

- No, I'll take care of this myself.

- What is the gun for, Tony?

- What, this? It's nothing. I'm... How do you say? Paranoid. 
(Phone Rings) You gonna answer, Frank?

- It must be Elvira. She got mad after we left the club.

- I'll tell her you're not here, okay?
- No, it's all right. I'll talk to her. Hello. It's all right. I'm gonna be home
in an hour. Don't worry.

- Frank, you're a piece of shit.

- What are you talking about?

- You know what I'm talking about... you fucking cockroach.

- What are you talking about? Listen to me...

- You know what a "chaza" is, Frank? That's a pig that don't fly straight.
  Neither do you, Frank.

- Tony, why the fuck would I hurt you? I brought you in. So we had
a few differences, no big deal. I gave you your start.
I was the one who believed in you.

- I stayed loyal to you. I made what I could on the side,
but I never turned on you, Frank! Never!
But you... a man who ain't got his word, is a cockroach.

- Mel. Do something, will you?

- It's your tree, Frank. You're sitting in it. 

- All right, Tony. I was the one. Please, give me a second chance.
Will you do that? Please? You give me a second chance, I'll give you 10$ million.
Okay? 15$ million. I got it in a vault over there in Spain, Tony. We go over     there, we get on a plane, and it's yours. Okay? All of it. $    million.
Okay, Tony? Please, Tony? Elvira? Elvira! You want Elvira! You can have her.     I'll go away. I'm gonna disappear. You'll never see me again.  Please, Tony,     I don't want to die.
I never did nothing to nobody.

- No, you never did nothing to nobody. You had somebody else do it for you.

- Tony, I am begging you.
- Get up! Get up now!

- Jesus! No! God! Look. Tony, no, don't kill me, please.

- I won't kill you.
- Christ, thank you.

- Get off my foot.
- Thank you.

- Manolo, shoot that piece of shit!
- Every dog has his day, huh, Mel?

- I told him... it didn't make any sense... clipping you when we had you
working for us. He wouldn't listen. He  got hot tonight about the broad.
He fucked up.

- You, too, Mel. You fucked up.
- Don't go too far, Tony.

- I'm not, Mel. You are.

- Fuck. You can't shoot a cop!

- Whoever says you was one?
- Wait a minute! You let me go. I'll fix this up.

- Sure, Mel. Maybe you can hand yourself... one of them first-class tickets
to the Resurrection.

- Fucking punk! Son of a bitch!

- So long, Mel. Have a good trip.

- Fuck you!

- How's married life treating you?
- Better than you are.
-Talking to me like I'm some maricon who came over on a boat. I tell you what. We don't need that smiling motherfucker. I'm telling you. We're getting sloppy.
Our thinking, our fucking attitude, you know? We're not fucking hungry anymore.

- Who the fuck you calling a "spic," you white piece of bread?
Know what your problem is, Pussycat?
You got nothing to do with your life.
Why don't you get a job or something.
Do something. Be a nurse.
Work with blind kids, lepers.
That kind of thing. Anything beats lying around all day waiting for me to fuck  you!
Who put this thing together?

Me! That's who!

Who do I trust? Me!

Fuck him. "Trust."
Asshole. Fuck called me an asshole.
I need that shit.
I don't need him.
I don't need her. Fuck them.
I don't need nobody.
Is this it? That's what it's all about, Manny?
Eating, drinking, fucking, sucking? -   Snorting?

Look at that. A junkie. I got a fucking junkie for a wife. She don't eat nothing. - What're you looking at? You're all a bunch of fucking assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you want to be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fucking fingers... ...and say, "That's the bad guy." So... ...what does that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide... ...how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy coming through! Better get out of his way!


- No, I'm not all right! I'm pissed!
When I get back there, I'll kick some   ass all over the place!

- Well, your guy, Alberto, he's a piece of shit.
I told him to do something. He didn't
listen, so I canceled his contract.


- Who the fuck you think I am, your     fucking bellboy?
                   

- We're going to war. That's what we're gonna do.
We're gonna eat that Sosa for breakfast!
                   

- You wanna play rough?
Say hello to my little friend!

- You think you can take me?
You need a fucking army, if you gonna take me!
                   

- Who you think you fucking with?
I'm Tony Montana!
You fuck with me,
you fucking with the best!





Ps: YourLustForLifeStartsRightNow! 

No comments: