Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Mid-Feb Feeling

Habitat-

The booze is yours
The hang-over is mine
But when we talk about quitting cigarettes there’s no shine
I don’t feel fine
My attention is distracted
My distraction is attentive
The mind is just prohibitive
Gave up meat
Now feeling the heat
Not doing nicotine is gonna feel like a daily retreat

There’s Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
Screaming at his lord
Raging at the river
Screaming through the ford
Melodious man
Made the choice                                                                   
Uses the voice
Dismisses the noise

He sings
You cringe
Takes you to the center and onto the fringe
Edith does it too
Through and through
No regrets
No due


To & Fro-

When a fish jumps out of water
It’s really
Sight-seeing
When a man wanders
It’s really
Staying-put
And when you come home in a bus
It’s really
Home-coming


Fly-

In the haste to prolong the taste-
I held a butterfly in my palms
Their wings dusting to the touch
I nearly had it skinned
So I offered it to the sky
And saw those winged-eyes preparing to fly
Now it weaves patterns in the air
Free and fair
And my heart can rest
-Without holding it prisoner in some chest


Up & Down-

The plains have been mountainous
Soon
I hope the mountains
Will
Be
Just as plain


No Driver-

Sometimes the road is one straightened direction
Balancing lifelong tension
That has now climaxed
In a tumbling zenith
Veering forth
Steering back
Driverless
And the zenith tumbles at long last
The fall is sudden
But soft
And the steering is gone
The veering has vanished
The thing
Now
Drives
Itself
As you see the world in a revelation
Now
Passing
Exquisitely
Pervading
All of
Space
And in Trungpa’s wizened words
‘Solid Stories’


Description-

It’s been a long day short of being brief
And a brief day short of being long
Where something grieves
And something receives


Morning Med-

I woke up with the dawn
And pilgrims in singsong
Tourists in boats
And locals with their goats
I had chai
With a homeless guy
I paid for the tea
And he gave me a darshan free
I left him when he spoke of pot
And went to the ghats to find a quiet spot
I sat and saw
The sun was still a ruby-red draw
But it wasn’t long
And the sun turned strong
Now it shines gold
And I’m up here feeling old
For times past
And times that might last


Formless-

I wish I could send you something you could grasp
And hold and hug
Kiss what we’ve both missed
But there’re no such tangibles in the flow of love
The world would put a price on it- as they do with the dove
So all I can send you is the wish
The kind that keeps love alive and free
The kind that gives rise to joy and debris
The kind that looks for neither losses nor gain
The kind that loves and shares that love
Regardless of all the things we confuse as love


Seamless-

Life Slips
Leaks and Drops
Even
As
We
Untangle Knots
That Come
Untied.
Now
Wick and Mustard Oil
Burn Themselves
As
One…
As
Darkness Comes Alight Paying Tribute.
Sometimes I Wish I Had No Intent
Even
To be
Content…


Participation-

I’m
Playing-out mind-games
I go
Where the winds of karma blow
I stop
Where the legs of Samsara hop
I pick
The scattered fruits of endless misdeeds
I face
The masks of my own-two gaze
I live
Within the confining embrace of ignorant needs
I pray
To find home as a stray
But I’m bound
By all the things I’ve lost and I’ve found


Just Some Reasons Why-

Now the days’ shade and shelter
Inner-turmoil’s-helter-skelter
As I seek comfort in the warmth of the coming spring
Steal a rest in the daylight that’s gleaming
And with a certain dread think of the lonely-nights to come
Robbing me of my roving-sleep and some casual hum

I used to be an owl
A creature of the dark on the prowl
But that was then
When I was busy trying to prove the straight roads are bent
Now it’s come to this
There’s a woman I really miss
I can handle the days
But the nights’ make me go please baby please

Lost in the river and lost in the haze
The days’ deliver and the days’ blaze
The nights have no such distraction
As her face demands all my attention

Her absence is her presence
And she lingers like a scent
Shrouded in such bittersweet memory
The nights are long and filled with her song
Columbus can keep his discovery
You see

I’ve this memory



Ps: YourLustForLifeStartsRightNow!

4 comments:

ninest123 said...

nike outlet, air max, nike roshe run, prada handbags, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, sac longchamp, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin, tiffany jewelry, louboutin pas cher, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, longchamp, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, ugg boots, air jordan pas cher, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany and co, cheap oakley sunglasses, burberry, longchamp pas cher, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, nike free, louboutin outlet, nike air max, polo ralph lauren outlet

ninest123 said...

air force, ugg boots, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air max, hollister, nike roshe, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, sac guess, lululemon, michael kors, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, nike free run uk, nike air max, replica handbags, coach outlet, mulberry, michael kors, burberry outlet online, true religion jeans, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet, new balance pas cher, burberry, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, timberland, kate spade handbags, lacoste pas cher, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, north face, hermes, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, north face, coach purses, vanessa bruno, tn pas cher, ray ban pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, ugg boots, michael kors, nike blazer, hogan, michael kors outlet, nike air max, vans pas cher

ninest123 said...

hollister, reebok shoes, wedding dresses, hollister, jimmy choo shoes, north face outlet, herve leger, valentino shoes, vans shoes, mac cosmetics, babyliss, converse outlet, nike air max, p90x workout, ray ban, ralph lauren, nike air max, abercrombie and fitch, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta, timberland boots, lululemon, celine handbags, nike huarache, louboutin, insanity workout, mont blanc, beats by dre, giuseppe zanotti, hollister, chi flat iron, vans, nike roshe, north face outlet, birkin bag, mcm handbags, instyler, iphone cases, baseball bats, ferragamo shoes, longchamp, soccer shoes, oakley, new balance, converse, nfl jerseys, nike trainers, gucci, ghd, asics running shoes

ninest123 said...

replica watches, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, thomas sabo, toms shoes, bottes ugg, canada goose uk, canada goose, ugg pas cher, canada goose, swarovski crystal, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, barbour, sac louis vuitton pas cher, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, montre pas cher, doudoune canada goose, moncler, hollister, canada goose, canada goose, links of london, louis vuitton, barbour jackets, coach outlet, moncler, wedding dresses, marc jacobs, moncler, lancel, supra shoes, moncler, karen millen, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora charms, moncler, moncler, swarovski, ugg boots uk